Santa Claus is a traditional, secular figure of Christmas good cheer, generally depicted as a jolly fat, old man in a red suit. Other nations have their own variations, such as Father Christmas in England and Sinterklaas in the Netherlands. As a character prominently associated with Christmas, Santa has been featured in more Rankin/Bass holiday productions than any other character, appearing in nine of the company's Christmas specials and even making guest appearances in two Easter specials.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Santa Claus has a number of magical abilities, including longevity, the ability to fit himself and others through any chimney (avoiding fiery injury in the process), levitate up a chimney (usually by touching his nose and nodding), alter the appearance of himself or other objects or beings (including physically transforming a person into an inanimate object), change the size of other objects, teleport himself and others across the world, generate snow and determine who has been naughty or nice. Lapland's Korvatunturi is said to resemble a hare's ears, which were rumored to be Santa's ears, the means with which he listened to determine who was behaving. His normal strength is augmented on Christmas Eve to lift (press) 2 tons. Santa's full powers are not revealed, though he prefers not to use them in combat or other struggles. While he appears to be a senior, Santa has not physically aged in centuries. Santa Claus has access to a wide range of supernatural artifacts, which he uses to accomplish various feats of magic. Though often depicted as Caucasian in appearance, Santa actually appears to most people in their own racial features, though he usually retains his white hair and beard. He radiates a subtle charismatic charming effect on people, able to soften hardened hearts, and convert criminals.
He commands a sleigh pulled by a number of magic flying reindeer - including Blitzen (a.k.a. Blixem & Blixen), Comet, Cupid, Dasher, Dancer, Donner (a.k.a. Dunder & Donder), Prancer, Rudolph and Vixen - who magically enable him to travel across the planet, stopping at most houses along the way, in a single night. His magical sack - actually a tesseract serving as a portal to a sort of storage dimension - holds enough presents to supply the entire world in one trip. At each home, he travels down the chimney (or the closest alternative where chimneys are lacking) and deposits presents for good boys and girls, but leaves only a lump of coal for the naughty. He frequently will consume cookies and milk left for him before departing on to the next house. His reindeer Rudolph's nose gives off a bright red glow that enables Santa to see and navigate through the worst blizzards, fogs, or other conditions of poor visibility. Santa briefly used a gasoline-powered sleigh, and he has also at least once empowered a pack of huskies to pull his sleigh.
Santa is served by a number of magical elves, who construct the toys he gives out. Though some have differing origins, the elves are descended from the Light Elves of Asgard's Alfheim, and they are resistant to aging and conventional disease. The elf Sunquist, in particular, is solar-powered and can animate toys and rearrange matter. In addition, Sunquist is a member of E.L.F., the Elf Labor Federation, which protects elves - an exploited minority - so that they might offer their services only to the extent that they did not cause humanity to become unduly reliant on elfkind. In addition, across America and other places, regular men (and women) serve as Santa's helpers, meeting with children, learning what they want for Christmas, and passing this information on to Santa himself.
- Charisma: With the exception of notable individuals such as Lobo and the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus has the ability to engender trust and inspire hope in others. He is still more than 100% loyal to his faithful wife Mrs. Claus.
- Immortality: Santa Claus appears to be virtually immortal, having not aged beyond his traditional image for several centuries.
- Magic: Santa is stated to have magical powers, though the exact nature of this is unknown.
- Animal Control
- Divine Powers
- Reality Manpulation
- Super Eating
- Unarmed Combat
- Weapon Master
Santa Claus is fueled by the power of children believing in him, and has a sleigh powered by nine reindeer (Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph). His personality is often depicted as happy, jolly, and always generous.
- Toy Bag: Santa's toy bag is said to be able to carry enough toys for all the good little girls and boys of all ages around Planet Earth.
- Santa's Sleigh: a decorated sleigh drawn by eight to nine reindeer. The sleigh and reindeer are able to defy gravity and traverse continents, allowing Santa Claus to distribute the toys to the young children.
- Coal Lumps: The precise nature of these lumps of coal is uncertain, but it generally has a emotional effect (damaging confidence, pride and motivation) on those that receive it.
- Shivs: During Lobo's misadventure with "Crusher" Kringle, he wielded two sharpened shivs against the Czarnian bounty hunter.
|Stan Francis||Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer|
|Paul Frees|| Frosty the Snowman|
Rudolph's Shiny New Year
|Mickey Rooney|| Santa Claus is Comin' to Town|
The Year Without a Santa Claus
Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July
|J.D. Roth||Young Claus in The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus|
|Earl Hammond||Old Claus in The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus|
- Christmas Specials Wiki: Santa Claus
- Santa Claus from Comic Vine
- Santa Claus from DC Wikia
- Santa Claus from Marvel Wikia
- Santa Claus from Power Rangers Wikia
- Santa Claus from Polar Express Wikia
- Nicholas St. North from Rise of The Guardians Wikia
- Father Christmas from Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia
- Father Christmas from Thomas & Friends Wikia
- Santa Claus from Disney Wikia
- Santa Claus from Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends
- Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree from Awdry's Railway Series Wikia
- Santa Claus from DC Universe Online Wikia but not from Marvel Heroes Wikia
- Santa Claus from The Fairly Odd Parents Wikia
- Santa Claus from Spongebob Wikia
- Santa Claus from Jimmy Neutron Wikia
- Santa Claus from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Wikia
- Santa Claus from Muppets Wikia
- Santa Claus from Oz Wikia
- Santa Claus from Heroism Wikia
- Santa Claus from Christmas Specials Wikia